View Single Post
Old 2010-07-03, 15:21   Link #5
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, Angel Beats. A fun ride, to say the least.

Visuals: 9/10 Pretty much top tier stuff. The backgrounds easily match anything Kyoto could toss, if anything P.A. Works can continue on just by releasing artwork. The quality was pretty consistent throughout, though it seemed to suffer a little near the end. But it's definitely eye candy. The character designs are pretty decent, but it took a while to get Yuri's right.

Audio: 9/10
Spoiler for details for audio:

Plot: 3/10
Spoiler:

Characters: 8/10

Spoiler:

Enjoyment: 7/10

Spoiler:

Overall: 6/10. A decent watch, while not good, is worth the time and sometimes memorable.

The anime ultimately comes off as more of a popcorn viewing show. But this is not bad; it's also funny and high energy. There are tons of shows that I wouldn't give the light of day and the fact that AB! has occupied me for these weeks which has been a nice experience. I also appreciate the show for what it is: Something fun and of value. It's just disappointing that with all the ingredients for success, the final result was just decent. But I'll take what I can get. I do hope for more projects of this kind; perhaps it'll be refined more the next time around.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-07-07 at 02:04.