View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 00:17   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It was Key... but I was completely unmoved (except in a bad meaning for the last episode)
It was PA, but the animation really wasn't that good (The characters look absolutely great in magazine scans. The anime? Different... person?)

It wasn't a horrible... anime itself, but I felt like I expected too much. I didn't really care or even know myself, but it seems the staff and people really hyped it up to be awesome and amazing.
Yeah, pretty amazing, I know. What they are saying, that is.

One really bad thing was the characters. We have a few characters that end up having character development... and a whole bunch that honestly didn't really matter to the anime. To top it off, the last episode dumped them in the trash can really, by literally deleting them off-screen.
Kanade had the most character development... Otonashi also had good development (except the last episode)...
The rest... bleh...
The few that had a background story were all cheap tragedies. Pretty much, all of them were. Not very done well.

The story itself... Got better (I guess?) near the middle... slipped near the end... crashed into a pile of laughter for the audience at the end.
The last episode was the worst yet the best episode in the entire thing. It was just so horrible... but in return, it was so entertaining. Especially the part at the end. Seriously, Otonashi was great there.
There are some anime that have unique ends, like Kurogami, and this anime had one. Who would have though, we get the protagonist trying to flirt on a loli and it ends. So, you walk on the streets one day, you pass by a girl, you get this feeling you met her before, you try to talk to her who was leaving for some reason, and then you... what? Tell her they met in another world? Talk about creepy there.
And I still can't get how Kanade got to the AB world before Otonashi, even though he died first. Such an obviously odd thing, yet the staff still putted it in? No time left? Sure, you can explain it by saying time doesn't work right, but the anime itself doesn't bother giving a reason, and that is what matters. An anime leaves problems unsolved and you decide to solve it, but... that means it is fine the anime didn't solve those problems? Nah, I don't think so. At least AB didn't do a good enough job for me to ignore such a thing.

The music was the only thing really worth complimenting.

All in all... 4/10.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)