View Single Post
Old 2008-05-15, 08:48   Link #38
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, but anyone can fake an Osaka dialect (which isn't exactly a source of envy in Japan), but it takes a true inhabitant from the former capital of Japan to pull off a pure Kyoto accent.

- Tak
Now you're just moving goal posts.

This is what you said before:

Quote:
- Tak (Oh, try not to be convinced when some of the female VAs attempt an OSAKA accent, they are not very authentic)
So which is it? Osaka-ben is easy to fake or are the fakes not authentic?

Hisakawa Aya is born and raised in Osaka, and of course, Hisakawa Aya's Osaka-ben *is* authentic, and she also does many characters which speaks in both the official dialect and Osaka-ben, which is why I pointed her out because you didn't give her the credit in the Claymore A-list.

Of course there are many seiyuu which can speak other dialects but trains themselves to speak the official one - a whole bunch of them comes from the Kyushyu area (which is where I used to live before moving to Tokyo) and can speak unique dialects from there (such as the Hakata-ben), it's just that there aren't nearly as many characters or fascination in that area in anime to make use of that.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2008-05-15 at 08:58.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote