View Single Post
Old 2009-06-30, 22:15   Link #8
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I just watched it myself. As what many people have mentioned already, a lot of the details were deliberately left out to cram the material into a 25 minute frame. This meant a lot of the more enjoyable moments in the VN or the drama CD were not included and that the whole thing felt like a fast-forwarding fest. The pace is completely off-balance.

A shame really. Although they did manage to hit most of the major key points, the OVA, like the Tomoyo incarnation before it, felt a bit lackluster.

The biggest problem though, is the lack of EMOTIONS. Where is the angst? Where is the pain? Where is the desperation?! Many were just cut for the sake of cramming. Even Sunhara's reaction here was less than amusing. Another thing is that Kyou is way too soft here... and I mean soft as in cotton-soft. The OVA also excluded one of the best uttered exchange from the VA, which occurred at the end of Kyou's portion when she kissed Tomoya.

Overall... happy to get an OVA, but... SIGH~

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-06-30 at 23:04.