Thread: Hataraki Man
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-13, 00:11   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Now that is a good show. Real characters. Real excitement. Real life. I differ totally, at least after one episode, from dxgarten.

I've had that rush Matsukata gets when her work is approved and she goes into overdrive. What a high. The show seems to me to be getting across the thrill and intensity of work, as well as the annoyances, envy, disgust, frustration, exhaustion, and forced but somehow satisfying camaraderie. It is a lot better than the preview made me think it might be.

The scene returning to her apartment at night had my heart racing. Well done all round. And just long enough. And the way she and her boyfriend related was both sad and somehow inspiring. We'll see where things go, with them and with the show.

I thought Tanaka Rie did a great job as the lead. I liked Horiuchi Kenyuu (Oscar in Angelique, Bishop in Coyote Ragtime) as her immediate superior, too. And Fukuen Misato as the girly young editor. And I liked the music -- OP, ED and insert song.

This one is definitely on my list, even though I found the Japanese fairly difficult at times. AndrewLB's page says Arienai has plans to sub it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-13 at 15:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote