View Single Post
Old 2007-08-07, 13:09   Link #69
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Actually, I didn't know anything about the otaku world. It was quite a long time ago, and although I was interested in games/anime at the time, the games I played were on the Famicon and the anime I watched included Doraemon, Sazae-san, Crayon Shin-chan, and this old magical girl show that wasn't Sailor Moon. At least, I think that was the anime I watched back then.

It was an interesting experience, but I don't think I could be considered an otaku at the time.
Then you sounded just like an average Japanese kid then. Everyone watches those... No you weren't an otaku by far. But today, given the fact you watch L*S, you would probably be considered an otaku. If I'm in a JP HS right now, the last thing I would talk about is L*S or anime. Maybe a sports manga... that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
The clip with Pan-kun was awesome. (His doggie reminds me of Densuke from Dennou Coil... shameless promotion.) I can't help but think it was staged though to make him look smarter than he already is though, for example maybe he actually took a much longer time to figure out how to get through the ticket-eating machine and had to watch many people instead of just the one lady.
Of course it's staged like any good TV show. Pan-Kun is smart, but asking a 3-years old to buy a ticket and ride the train to a specific station is probably impossible. Some ADULTS have problem with it. He was trained to perform all the acts and most likely have little understanding of the acts he's doing, but he really did them by himself when the camera was rolling. He probably did NG like a thousand times before, but that's like any real human actors too. I see it more like Pan-kun acting in his little drama... even if it's all staged, it is still impressive and cute.