View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 17:22   Link #57
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Spoiler for Mother Rosario spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Rare will you find a person bitching or moaning about him simply cause he fills the purpose of making the medium interesting. If Kirito fails that job, then he's definitely on his way to being a sue. If he doesn't, then it's a good sign he's a good character.
Except he doesn't make the story interesting, in fact he makes it more generic. The author really just can't carry the premise of the MMO world, its pretty much another stale JRPG 2.0 in a VR world (Aren't they suppose to offer full immersion? this is more like that old Nintendo Virtual Boy [same old gameplay with more fancy graphics and special effects]) to with an even more generic online society.

he even admits the story suffers because of imbalanced focus in his notes.

Quote:
This day's event was completed in the predawn between 2 and 5 a.m (laughs). The contents are...as always, Kirito-shi and as always, Asuna-san and as always, Lyfa-san and as always Lizbeth-san and as always Scilica-san and as always Sinon-san and as always Yui-san and as always Alice-san. Well, Alice is not always......
Quote:
In this SAO work, the heroines kept increasing as the story progressed, but the structure of the story didn't let protagonist Kirito-shi to come up with a clear answer, if I tried to find a conclusion to the situation, it'd only be in this form. Was what I thought as I wrote this short story.
Quote:
This time too, as I re-read the script...... I felt it was terrible in various ways. But, well, I can't stop thinking that it was, in a sense, the meaning of the SAO series (laugh)."
It was really meant to be a one volume story he wrote and edited when he was young, but popular demands forced to create more with little time for proper planning.

Last edited by Randomzx; 2012-07-14 at 17:46.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote