View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 08:45   Link #7713
Drifloon

I'm pretty sure that I did use Witch-Hunt's installer, and I can play the BGM with Japanese names fine in the music box most of the time...The fact that one of the songs doesn't have a Japanese title makes it seem like this isn't the issue, but I don't know.

The weirdest thing is how it never used to do this before. I have to assume that there's something I've downloaded recently that's making it crash for some reason. Maybe some kind of automatic update or something? I really don't know.

EDIT: Hm, I think I might have found the answer to this...but I still don't understand WHY this is the answer. The problem seems to be caused by a program called Virtual Midi Synth; uninstalling it seems to fix the crashes (at least for me; I'll see whether it works for my friend too). But I don't see why a program that enhances .midi playback would interfere with .ogg files...And we're both into RPG Maker, so we use .midis a lot, which means that uninstalling said program isn't really an ideal solution. Does anyone have any idea why such a program would cause this, and whether there's a way of fixing it that doesn't involve uninstalling it?

Last edited by Drifloon; 2012-10-09 at 08:58.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote