View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 21:29   Link #26
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Going to try out the demo myself this weekend to get a feel for the gameplay.

//

I do not think it is something they can fix easily. Kamidori and Arterial both have terrible AI. Esp Arterial: as it is a card game it is relatively easier to write something a lot smarter. The computer opponent could have used better decks too.

A refined RTS system with good AI I think is out of reach for Eushully. At least it is not something they can easily fix in two months (its less than that: has to go through testing, bug fixes, more testing, and finally time to roll out the gold master).

This is why I think they went for the right direction in Arterial: have a simpler combat system but potential for a lot of challenges. As I read somewhere that Arterial sales is not as high as the publishers had hoped, maybe they are trying out the other extreme of developing an RTS (vs a static card game).

Plot in kamidori is rather weak (this goes for both story and heroine development: I can compare to a child's tale of having everyone hold hands and get along), although arterial was relatively better ("omg someone died!"). I hope they can further strengthen this aspect in the new game so it does not become a total flop.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote