Thread: Crunchyroll Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 12:40   Link #231
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yes, the show is just cute.... so that's why I use the "turn brains off" metaphor because it involves activating mostly the reptillian parts of the brain more than the frontal cortex
Well, not to belabour the point, but I don't necessarily totally agree here either. Even in chaos, a logic is at work. And even in this show, despite the absolutely nonsensical setup (which I absoutely grant), certain story threads are being carefully woven. I have to assume that those little tidbits dropped in the early episodes will come back to play a major role in the story later on, and will explain some of the motivations of the characters (like the reason for Mayu's fear of men, Shungo's near-immunity, Reika's feelings for Shungo, why he doesn't remember them in spite of having known them as children, and so on). If you turn off your brain completely, you'll miss even the logic that is there, and won't be able to appreciate when the show tries to delve into something just a little bit deeper and more meaningful.

So... all that to say, I think what makes this different than Girls Bravo is the fact that it's trying to be a bit more than simple farce. Despite the craziness, there's something going on behind the scenes that I think could be interesting. I wouldn't want to miss it by letting my "reptillian parts of the brain" take over entirely.