View Single Post
Old 2011-12-10, 08:33   Link #49
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Even though I am among those who think that Kanba went beyond overboard and shouldn't get out of this unscathed or fully redeemed, I disagree that he didn't deserve the dedication Masako showed for him. What Kanba is doing right now is irrelevant to his worth to his family, especially Masako. Nothing changes the fact that he sacrificed himself times and again to protect both his family. His family should appreciate the effort he put into it. Yeah he didn't make the best of decisions but he put everything on line to keep things going. Blaming him and then yourself like Shouma is doing is only an evidence of a weak personality.

Besides, think of it from Masako's perspective - Kanba sacrificed himself for her and Mario. And he is her brother that she clearly admired ever since childhood. It'd be weird for her to not be as dedicated to saving him given all that and more importantly, her personality. She is strong willed and independent and proactive. Unlike Himari. It kind of worked against her favor though, because Kanba let her be in favor of Himari with the clear assumption that she'd be fine. But given her nature and the circumstances under which Kanba parted with her, I can completely understand why that girl would go that far for Kanba.
No actually I disagree, no matter what Kanba did for Masako as a child (and I am not discounting that) I don't think he deserved for her to die (or risk her life because I am hoping she is not dead) for his crimes.

And while I am happy Kanba obviously showed he did care for Masako in the end by finally acknowledging her; I think he treated her pretty poorly up to that point. He did make it seem like Himari was more important to him than she was. Not that I think Himari shouldn't be important to Kanba but not the only important thing.

As for Himari's sacrifice for Kanba that I can accept more because she should have died anyways. It's more or less an acceptance of her fate.

Although I will say part of me thinks Kanba might have taken this darker route because either he didn't want to use the diary because of Shouma and/or because of Mario. That would at least add a little more weight to what he is doing (not that it would make it any less wrong that he is killing others who also have families).

Either way Himari's death is natural is it worth all this sacrifice. Even Himari doesn't think it is.

edit: Sort of OT and I am not sure if anyone has seen it but the scene with Masako and Kanba at the end gave me vibes of the film Scarface (the 1930's version).