Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 10:33   Link #2985
morli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
Hi, it is my first time posting on this Achiga-hen message board. I have some ideas/predictions about Shizu's power and what is going to happen next chapter, and I would love to gets some reactions/feedback. Here is what I suspect:

1) Shizuno's ability is NOT simply an image breaker. That is only one aspect of Shizuno's power. Her true ability is basically this: the more she plays against an oppenent, the more she can criple that oppent's play. This crippling takes MULTIPLE forms, one of which is "disabling special abilities" (image breaker). Other aspects of her power (once it activates) include "preventing opponents from drawing winning tiles" and "never dealing into oppenent's hand".

Shizuno regards opponents as "mountains" which she slowly climbs, conquers, and completely shuts down.

2) If I am right about the true nature Shizuno's ability, Achiga-hen is going to end in a one-sided massacre. Shizuno is about to become the one of the most overpowered players in the Saki universe while the other schools struggle desperately for second place.
An interesting theory about Shizu ability! I can almost agree about all thing in there, except there is a point that you don't explain. Read this scene:

Harue: The dice...what did she roll?
Yue: Uhm, according to the wall, it's two from the right.
Harue: Snake eyes!! That's good. Now we'll see if Shizu can stand up to Oohoshi Awai!

The important question is: How does dice related with Shizu ability?
Spoiler for Dice ability:

And about Shizu ability:

1) Disabling abilities --> no brainer there! We can all agree this is Shizu ability she show so far... Although the mechanic is still in question

2) Preventing them from drawing winning tiles --> A good idea! This is the answer of how Shizu "disable" Awai ability. And this explain why Awai could still get double riichi but doesn't win. It's only negating her draw!

3) Never dealing into their hands --> A most questionable ability so far. Maybe Shizu never dealing because Awai sucks at defense and prefer ron to tsumo?

Last edited by morli; 2013-02-15 at 11:30.
morli is offline   Reply With Quote