Thread: Licensed D.Gray-man (Season 2)
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-03, 15:54   Link #4240
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 103. Resounding in the Long Morning

So the long morning has ended at last with Level 4 sighing its last breath of life.

It was such a brutal and ferocious battle, but I absolutely loved how it rocked at the start, and how it ended.

Cross and Lenalee & Allen packed a punch and kicked butt imperially.
Spoiler:

Tears and mourns was what echoed through the hallways of the Order even if the battle was won. Sadness coming from Lenalee, Allen, the survivors, and many others.
The cruel reality of war has not ended because it seems that those lives sacrificed and others before them will be wasted in vain....
Spoiler:

The thing is that the episode pictured and captured very well the drama and anguish of the characters' sorrow and sense of insecurity.

Another war is under way, and according to the Earl's plan he intends to profit from the devastation and emptiness produced by it to create more Akuma in the flesh.

Changing topic, for the astute manga readers who had observed in detail the last anime episode took creative but minor liberties with the pacing and dialogue of the events that happened for chapters 156 to 158 of the manga.
Spoiler:

I do have an answer as to why the Earl is allowing to let live the Order for now, however, I won't post it because that's spoiler. In fact, in the manga, in that same ballroom scene, the Earl did mention his reasons to let the Order roam scot-free, but this last anime episode intentionally omitted that line of dialogue in order to keep the audience in suspense at the moment.

Last and most important is the evolution of Lenalee's Innocence.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote