View Single Post
Old 2011-01-23, 09:57   Link #21660
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
You didn't read my post? I said that "Battler didn't kill anyone in any game" mean "Battler is not the culprit in any novel Battler wrote".
Reality is not a game, so there's no conflict.
Yes, but what you said would fictionalize the Red truth and really make it meaningless for the process of finding the truth.
In the End of EP8 it was made quite clear that the Red truth is the objective truth and while the way it is verbalized can be toyed around with (like Battler is dead) it is made clear several times that you cannot say things that aren't true on an objective level...
If it were the other way around then fictional Battler should have been able to say that he was Ushiromiya Asumu's son.

And again I can only ask how you would logically explain the meta-world as a part of Battler's narratives?!
It is clearly stated that until several years after 1998 (and I would say it was at least 15-20 years later), Ushiromiya Ange and Hachijô Tôya never met. Then how was "Battler" able to insert the struggle of Ange (as Gretel in EP4, as Ange in the 1998 plotline and as Ange in EP6-8) in his narrative?
At least the metaworlds of EP4 and 8 are hardly explainable as a part of the fiction written by Hachijô Tôya unless you say that the whole 1998 plot is fictional as well.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote