View Single Post
Old 2015-01-27, 01:23   Link #55816
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
You still haven't started that crossover.
- DON'T. REMIND. ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister
Also, wavehawk, I can see why you are having trouble writing about a cold setting when it's warm. I have the exact opposite problem, i.e. I'm trying to write about the middle of August at ISA while there's a thick layer of ice on the roads.
- It's not THAT hot, but still, 25 degrees doesn't bring out images of snow (the coldest it gets in Victoria is 2 degrees in winter. we have hail but not snow in the city).

The two main reasons I'm writing the finale in a blizzard area is because:
1.) I wanted to draw a difference between IS Academy (summertime, lots of fun, happiness) and Hokkaido (wintertime, life-threatening danger, utter misery)
2.) It's also a nod to Greg Rucka's Graphic Novel Whiteout The comic, not the movie). Strongly recommend you guys pick it up and read it. Not a superhero comic, more detective thriller. And also why my jokes tend to be so sarcastic in actual writing:
http://www.gregrucka.com/wp/wp-conte...iteout-pg3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
And end up saving the world in one way or another before/while doing so.
- Actually Spear--the Pretender angle might actually work. Instead of someone who just happens to have the ability to pilot IS, you have a character who's a master impostor--someone who can (in a very short span of time) be able to learn and apply skills and talents that he had no knowledge of just prior. He's a different kind of genius, originally groomed to become the ultimate spy...then he does the unexpected: he somehow 'learns' to pilot an IS. Obviously this is earth-shattering, because if the ability to pilot an IS is a -Learnable Skill- as opposed to a -Genetic Requirement-...that means a lot of people will want to pick his brain and figure out how he did it. And since he was initially intended to do black ops work, no government or company will ever admit responsibility for him. And since he's an impostor, he has no real identity: EG legally speaking he's not a 'Person' with human rights under law, so the organization can do whatever they want with him.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-01-27 at 02:18.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote