View Single Post
Old 2010-08-28, 10:22   Link #1001
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
I just don't want to make any announcements before making sure I'm right. If I'm wrong, it would be rather embarrassing.
You know, that never stopped me from posting some highly questionable things.

Quote:
-Can anyone confirm to me if the games the exact same amount of time?(Game Board wise, not as in how long it takes to finish the episode)
It is commonly believed that the endgame event always occurs at 24:00 on the 5th, but there is little hard evidence to say this is indeed the case -- the events very close to the endgame event seem to dissolve into magical scenes Battler can observe, and it's not clear at all when exactly this starts -- before the clock chime or after. It is fairly clearly demonstrated that alterations in events occurring on the early morning of the 4th even before anyone gets to the airport produce at least a subtly different progression. Characters variously refer to the 4th as being the start of the game.

Quote:
-Can anyone clarify to me the forgeries/books thing? I just want to make sure I got that down correctly.
According to later episodes, two "message bottles" exist detailing the content of episodes, in both of them, no survivors are mentioned. It is generally presumed these are episodes 1 and 2, as at the moment this was described, episodes 1 and 2 had no survivors but episode 3 did (Eva) but nothing specific is said about it. Everything else is termed "forgeries" according to episode 4.

In later episodes, Hachijou claims to have written the forgeries signed "Itouikukuro Reigonamu", veracity of this claim is not really confirmed.

Someone else will need to field the ones relating to Word of God.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)