View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 11:44   Link #94
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Kind of hard to start with a different macros serie if the only recent one was frontier and i wasn't even interested in watching the previous one before nor i am interested in it now after seeing frontier.
So it's somehow "hard" to begin with the first title in a series of sequels? I can understand starting the Yamato or Gundam franchise with Yamato 2199 or Gundam 00 first, because the former is a remake and the latter is an unrelated alternative universe to the Universal Century. Macross Frontier is a legitimate sequel.

If all that modern anime buyers are looking for in mecha are... whatever the hell Frontier has, which I know includes really flashy modern animation and a big budget, maybe the people claiming that mecha is dying have a point.

Quote:
How is that remotely different if you replaced the Macross itself with a random space colony, aside from a few battles that it uses the giant macross it doesn't change the story at all.
That was a mistake on my part. I was referring to the part of your post where you claimed to not remember the names of the mecha, and I should have realized that the titular Macross probably doesn't have any role at all in Frontier anyway.

Quote:
IMO i always viewed the mecha's and angels themselves as something symbolic for human conflict
How symbolic you interpret them to be doesn't change the fact that the Evas played an important role in the plot. Their interactions with the human characters through LCL and their humanoid shape are extremely important. Because of this, you can't just replace them with tanks, planes, or swords like you can in many mecha anime.

Quote:
There are plenty of those, but these rarely gets animated (from my mind the only ones that i can think of now are demonbane and Muv Luv alternative)
I don't mind seeing more Mecha based VN's getting an anime adaptation
Muv-Luv Alternative wasn't even adapted to anime form. All that was adapted was a piece of trash light novel, Total Eclipse, that is a spin-off to the VN and revolves around a completely different setting and set of characters.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote