View Single Post
Old 2006-07-07, 04:33   Link #33
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
One of the reasons I like Yuki is precisely because you hardly notice she's there. Which is what happens to me most of the time, despite my best efforts occasionally.

We all latch on to the characters we identify with. For example, I don't like Haruhi because she's almost the polar opposite of what I am/like. The greater part of her personality, the not-listening-to-others, the loudness, the willingness to go out in public and promote in a bunnysuit, the imposition on others... I don't get the way she thinks. I admire her philosophy, but look askance at her methods.

But I'm well aware that if I somehow change my worldview and my own personality, it's very possible for me to like Haruhi far more than I do now (which is not much).

In the meantime, I identify with Yuki. She watches, and listens, and observes. She learns. If it's important, she takes action, but otherwise she is content to sit unobtrusively in a corner.

Also, she's an avid reader.