View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 03:46   Link #36
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If Gust / Banpresto ever develops for the PS3, it won't be for a long time. PS3 is still not doing too well, its like the Gamecube of this generation. And its also real expensive to develop for as well, the company is too small to afford such a project. I could see them making games for PSP, DS, PS2 and Wii.
Gust/Banpresto are codeveloping an RPG for PS3 that's coming out in Sept alongside i think it was capcom, BanNam, and Compile Heart, so the bulk majority of the groundwork for the battlesystem will probably be laid down for a relatively straight forward transition...not that they're actually going that route, but if they stick with the current AT battle systems, it's not completely out of the question.

Considering Agarest Senki broke even at 3000-4000 copies sold (LTD is hovering around 30k copies sold), and the graphic quality being more or less similar between Agarest Senki and Ar Tonelico, no, I don't believe the development cost on PS3 for a game of this level would be as cost prohibitive as you make it out to be.

I highly doubt they'd go the FF13 route in terms of graphic quality as that'd completely ruin the atmosphere AT1 and AT2 had created and obviously it's at this caliber that it becomes cost prohibitive to produce.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote