View Single Post
Old 2006-08-30, 15:39   Link #15
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
1 is to continue to use the same word, even though it doesn't exist nor has it meaning in set forgein language, it exists for the sole purpose to emphazise the set caracteristic aspect of the character.

And much like Grey.., I am realy angry at them for doing such.., but like I previously posted before..

~Desu will forever be ~Desu ! ~desu
Yes. I don't understand why they feel a need to translate an expression that characterises a person. Translating it is pointless because first; its not the literal meaning that's important, its the way she uses it; no, just the FACT that she uses it in its original expression is important by itself. Second, translating it to 'yes' no longer represents her in the original way, and even worse, to the uninitiated who have no idea of the glory of the Temple of Desu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
making the character compleatly lose her innitial caractertics when changing such a accentuative form of speech.
That may well be what they have done by turning Desu into Yes..

This is for you, Suiseiseki.

DESU

On a positive note, seeing that Flo already has the translation, I'm going to Kino on Monday and buying it. And then I will 'blanko' the 'yes's' and fill them in with teh TRUTH.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote