View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 21:07   Link #2078
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
And plenty of other websites don't have SMS authenticators, what's your point? Some game company needs to offer multiple free services to protect your account when you can do it yourself? And even if you do get compromised they'll restored your stuff too. Blizzard isn't a bank, it's just a game company. So what if you lose some virtual property for a couple days?

Why don't my electronics or car come with free LoJack? What if they get stolen? That's not even my fault!
Wow, that's one of the worst analogies I've seen in years. I think you should level up before attempting to use the sarcasm skill.

When you purchase something like cars and electronics, it's a physical piece of property that you take. The transaction between you and the seller ends the moment you receive the item unless it is defective. Their responsibility was merely to deliver the item in proper shape and form.

On the other hand, when you bought Diablo III, you have to play on their server. No questions asked. You have to do it. Thus, they have more of a responsibility to prevent their side from having compromises because the product you bought is not just a one-time thing. It is ongoing. You are paying money to play this game on their servers.

Considering that Blizzard will partake in real money deals in the near future, they may not be a bank, but there's definitely more at stake here.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote