View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 21:51   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, yesterday they obviously had the big product announcement for D.C. III where they revealed the cast, release date, and a bunch of other information. Most of it reiterates things that had already been rumoured/leaked, such as the end-April release date and the fact it'll be all-ages (which I guess may be a bad thing to some, but for a series like D.C. I don't think really matters). They had guest appearance from a number of big names from other companies like Visual Arts and Nitroplus, and discussed how game was developed on a new engine (called Unity) that was designed to be deploy-able on multiple platforms, including Android/iOS smartphones and on the Web (including the "D.C. Cloud" ). It goes without saying that yozuca* and rino (from CooRie) are back for vocal songs, and they got Haruko Momoi to write character songs. All the main staff are the team returning from D.C. II, including the formerly-"retired" tororo-danchou as producer, as we already knew.

One interesting note regarding the conversation we were having before... The voice actor for Charles Yoshino will be Ui Miyazaki, who you might recognize as the anime voice actress for... Aisia. I think the connection is confirmed.

Also, the other recurring character (announced so far) who will appear in the game is Yuuhi Takanashi, Mahiru's younger sister (from D.C. II F.L.), along with the already-mentioned Yuzu Kohinata (who looks at least 8-10 years older here... is this set in alternate ~2065?), and of course Minatsu. They still haven't revealed the last name for Mikoto, though confirmed the character design that was decided by readers of Dengeki G's.

ANN has a small write-up with the casting and some other basic information. There's also a Japanese write-up here.