View Single Post
Old 2013-01-05, 18:40   Link #204
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Kimi to Boku actually applied as "virtual boyfriends" show and it also main selling point for Miracle Train as well. Hetalia also degenerates into that category too by looking its fanbase. Ouran High School Host club may also qualify if Haruhi and Renge aren't there, IMO.

It may sounds like a joke but I actually agree with Master Assassin that the MC in most harem and reverse harem shows are nothing more than a placeholder or a cardboard cutout with a "place your face here" hole. However shows like K-On and Kimi to Boku proves us that viewers don't even need that placeholder in first place. That's why I calling them as "virtual boyfriend/girlfriend" shows.

As for School Days I can't much about it but I do disagree it is a deconstruction. It just a black comedy show by and for harem haters. Just look how many people actually laughed to see the last 10 minutes of the last episode. For me that was a huge middle finger salute as I seen in from first episode and hoping for better conclusion for the story.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote