View Single Post
Old 2008-10-17, 14:34   Link #117
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Episode 2... I can't help but feel very disappointed with this anime. The first season was a masterpiece. This one, at least so far is not living up to the first. In fact its the exact opposite. They're skipping so much. So much humor, so much of what makes this a great story. They're shorting us on the music as well, not bothering to give us the symphonies they did in the first season. Sad as it is to admit it, the Live-Action Paris edition is far superior to this so far. There at least they stuck fairly close to the manga, and let us hear the music. 2 Episodes in, and all I can say is, what a waste of a great story. I'm still watching. I mean, its Nodame! Just wish they had taken a bit more time and did things right.
I feel a bit that way, though not as strongly. I'll just let them do it their way and judge it after a few episodes. Maybe we'll hear the Tchaikovsy Violin Concerto later, and maybe they thought that future competitions will be enough, or that they needed a result early. But I would like to quote something from my own season preview that might be significant in this context:

"...this sequel has a very different staff from the original. It is directed by Kon Chiaki (Higurashi, Junjou Romantika), rather than Kasai Kenichi (Honey&Clover2, KimiKiss Pure Rouge). Enokido Youji is lead writer, as he was on Revolutionary Girl Utena and Ouran HS Host Club. Konparu Tomoko did that job on the first series." (Konparu-san has worked on scripts as far back as Urusei Yatsura and Oniisama-e, and was lead writer on Daa!Daa!Daa! and NANA.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-17 at 15:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote