View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 12:16   Link #114
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One massive thing i hated about the previous arc is the fact that who is dea and who is alive is in question. This is something that should be crystal clear. Seriously we need kubo to confirm these things because he could not take a panel or two to make it clear who died and who was still alive.
my guess is that he did it on purpose so that the reveal in the next arc of who is alive will be more surprising. I'm not saying I agree with that storytelling technique, just that's what I assume the reason is for not explicitly saying who is alive and who is dead. Kubo likes cheap plot surprises like the random rank reveals of the espada. there was no logical reason for ulquiorra to be as low as 4 and no reason for stark to be as high as 1. it was just a cheap surprise for lack of a meaningful plot to surprise the readers naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Theoretically, any explanation could make sense due to the sheer ambiguity of Kubo's plot devices and that's the real problem. Too many possible answers.
pretty much... I'm going to go with Yama-jii's pride getting in the way and never think about it again...