View Single Post
Old 2006-08-29, 02:06   Link #18
Rion
Ramune~

Ah, I can't wait for the anime to come out... lucily Arienai will sub it *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
The manga I just talked about in the previous thread, Sakuran, will be adaptated as a live-action movie which will be in theaters in the beginning of 2007, starring Tsuchiya Anna, whom some of you must know , Kanno Miho (Kitano's "Dolls"), Andô Masanobu (Battle Royale, Kids return) and directed by Ninagawa Mika, as her first film.

The official site for the film, in Japanese.
Wow, that's a surprise! Thanks for pointing it out O.o

I have read the first volume of Sakuran or something, and honestly, I don't know what's so good about it. The drawing style is gorgeous, of course, but seeing the protagonist swearing and getting angry the whole time is just plain annoying. I prefer Hataraki Man by far. (And oh my, Tsuchiya Anna in that role is difficult to imagine as well ^^; )

Hump! I wonder why I actually find it slightly rude to come to this thread solely to advertise for a translator... but maybe that's just me. (Not to forget that
- this thread is so unpopular that it doesn't make any difference
- I think that there is one single person that might be competent and interested enough to be asked about doing this, one just have to idle around here a bit and look for who it is)