View Single Post
Old 2008-08-23, 10:45   Link #208
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, Isshin knows about the Vaizards.

Quote:
Also the gigai which was given to Rukia drain shinigami powers and make the user a human soul . The whole process is fast and it takes place in matter of months . There is no reverting back from it . Urahara's original plan was to fuse Hogyoku in Rukia's Human soul making it impossible to retrieve.
? I'd be really appreciative if you could post up the pages where it's said that the Hogyoku would fuse with the human soul after any amount of time. The Hogyoku was merged in her soul I believe. Which left two techniques to take it out. One of which was devised by Urahara. If it was the case with Isshin, Urahara certainly had the means to take it out.

I know the process is fast, but whether there is no reverting back from it begs the question: Rukia recovered fairly quickly from her days carrying the Hogyoku.

Quote:
Also its safer for the Hogyoku to be with a Shinigami who is lost in sand of time (Isshin) than be to with a Rogue Shinigami who SS is eventually going to come after (Rukia) .
Huh, yes, are you... what? Weren't you trying to disprove my theory? If it makes sense, I don't see why having Isshin keep the Hogyoku would be a bad theory. The fact that he lost his wife suggests that his powers were... probably gone. He said he "failed" rescuing her, not that he wasn't there for her. It makes a degree of sense to me that Urahara would not hide the Hogyoku in Soul Society when he knew that Aizen and co. would be looking for information on why he knew about hollowfication. It would have been pretty irresponsible of Urahara to leave the Hogyoku behind, and just as irresponsible to keep it with him.

Isshin may not have been an official, or might have not become a renegade. He could have been a shinigami lost in the sands of time, as you suggest, and was therefore ideal for Urahara.