Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-27, 22:22   Link #19834
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Again, I readily concede that there are additional steps that should be taken that balance self-defense rights against the potential harm to the community. Gun show loop-holes, a proper integration of the crime and mental health databases coupled with better early identification and response. This is one area I'm extraordinarily displeased with the gun lobbies on --- they should be finding solutions NOW, LAST WEEK, because otherwise they will eventually lose it all if the frequency of tragedies keep accelerating.

Bullying has been a problem since before we qualified as homo sapiens.... it doesn't mean we're stuck with it, at least to the degree it seems permitted or even encouraged.
I never really understood the opposition to such policies. Would they drastically inhibit people from getting firearms? Would profits from some parties be lost somehow? I was under the impression that despite the loopholes, most people get their arms from reputable dealers.

I'm no gun lover/owner, but I also don't demonize gun owners as some sort of crazy folk.