View Single Post
Old 2010-04-15, 04:37   Link #541
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I watched Fujoshi Kanojo live action movie because FukuJun and Satoshi Hino was playing themselves in the movie. All the comments for the movie was 'JunJun moeeeeeeeee~'.
LOL...I kinda want to watch just to see what they're going on about...

Quote:
I just begun looking up male seiyuus last month or so. It really surprised me that every seiyuu that I bothered to look up have done or still doing BL. I'm sure some Japanese kid can do the same, I don't even know Japanese and still manage to find quite alot.
I don't doubt they can. I'm guessing it has something more to do with target audiences and the interactive aspect of games.

Most heroic characters for children are voiced by female seiyuu, right? (There are exceptions, but generally speaking, admired characters are young boys...who are almost exclusively voiced by women.) The people who are likely to idolise male seiyuu in BL drama CDs are usually girls at least middle school-aged or older, and furthermore, it's a fantasy that cannot involve them except as a spectator (voyeur, if you wish). Games, on the other hand, are interactive...

Quote:
Namikawa on the other hand sounded too hyperactive.
I've never heard Namikawa do narration...or even on radios. Based on some of his roles (like Fai, Kazehaya), I'd have thought he'd be a pretty good narrator...guess not?

Quote:
I definitely agree with most Japanese idols can't act. I do think Juri Ueno, who played live action Nodame, would actually be a pretty good seiyuu for Nodame in the anime version. But then again she's a good actress (from the little J-drama I have seen )
Yeah, I would have loved to have Ueno Juri as anime Nodame too! though I've gotten used to Kawasumi Ayako. Admittedly, I prefer the drama version of Nodame anyway...speaking of which, the 2nd movie is out this weekend!!!!!

Quote:
Ghibli movies doesn't hire professional seiyuus do they? Most of the time anyway. That Ponyo song is still stuck in my head...
Ghibli's actors as seiyuu thing is apparently because Miyazaki Hayao doesn't like the whole seiyuu jimucho system. (Can't quite remember where I read this...) Unfortunately, some of the actors he chooses to use aren't actually all that good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Totally forgot the dubbing stuff and then I remembered....
Let's go with what Kaida Yuko says about dubbing:
I've never thought about dubbing...but what she says makes sense. It would be easier because you have another interpretation to base your own work on.

Quote:
Marina is in UraBoku right now, watching the seiyuu special for it was interesting. She was surrounded by OnoD, Miyano Mamoru, Sakurai Takahiro and FukuJun. She commented how nervous she was to be surrounded by male seiyuus...
I would too, especially since some of my favourites are there! eep...Tte first episode's already out, and I still have to watch that Uraboku special! Maybe tonight!

Quote:
ffff, need to listen to BluRaji radio when no one's around. ._.

I learnt that Ueda Kana is really ドM, but ArcSystem censored the following convo. ;__;
oohhh...which particular episode is that in?

Quote:
How are those rumours of Marina x You-Kyan? 8D
Still strong, I'm assuming. I'm too scared to venture into those 2ch threads...

And I'm not really sure what to think of that Namikawa Daisuke movie either...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote