View Single Post
Old 2008-09-11, 10:37   Link #58
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Actually, they sort of do. Even Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (A series which I also hate...*gets flamed by fanboys*) had his gimmick, he had his internal monologue that was flat out down to earth next to the craziness that was occurring around him, and that show prided itself with an entire episode of senseless mediocrity to apparently "celebrate the melancholy mundane-ness of everyday life". They had the guy walk down and back up a bloody hill for the entire damn episode where NOTHING happened *headdesk*

But anyway before I stray even further, He has to be special, that's the point having protagonists. They're not expected to be geniuses, luck doesn't have to go their way, in fact other people can be more special than they are at points in time (Kamina/Simon GL) but they have to climb up and somehow deserve that spotlight.

Alto isn't interesting, the show builds up a hellalot of mystery around him, but who can honestly say they're interested in his background when we're more busy hoping for info on Ranka and Sheryl?
Oh and also, speaking of character history. Am I the only one who thought Mikhail's past story was the most pointless thing ever;;;
Haruhi..read the manga...bored to death, i hope the anime is not so

anyway, about mikhail's past, that was definitely a filler, and at least it was still enjoyable, maybe plot-wise it didn't have anything to give us, but in term of chara dev, i think it was worth it