Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-31, 14:51   Link #3759
Shadow Kira01

Typhoon brings heavy wind, rain to eastern Japan

Quote:
TOKYO — Japan's weather agency issued storm and flood warnings Monday as a typhoon approached the east of the country bringing heavy rain and strong winds to Tokyo and the Pacific coast.

Typhoon Krovanh was expected to move closer to the mainland during the day before tracking north along the east coast through Tuesday, packing gusts of up to 144 kilometers (90 miles) per hour, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

As of 9:00 am (0000 GMT), the storm was 110 kilometers (70 miles) east southeast of the island of Miyakojima, south of Tokyo.

It was moving north northeast at a speed of 35 kilometers (22 miles) per hour, the agency said.

The weather agency issued warnings and advisories for floods, heavy rain, gales and high waves, for Tokyo and nearby areas.
For those being superstituous, this is actually not a good sign as that Japan just have a historical change of a government. On the contrary, there was also heavy rain on the day Barack Obama taken the reins of the government in the United States and he seems to be doing quite a good job.

Scientifically, this is just bad weather which cannot be prevented and perhaps, it has something to do with global warming as that the rainy season should be over by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
- Ironman and Dr Doom on Ice
- the Hulk will replace the Orge in the next Shrek
- Prince Charming will join the avengers
- The Silver Surfer will take over the role for Prince charming
- A Spiderman Musical featuring Peter Parker being all emo and Snow White will replace Mary Jane (might be a improvement).
For a moment, I thought this is for serious..

The fact that the Marvel series are going to get anime adaptations, I don't see why not as in Disney coming up with their own versions for American kids. However, I don't think Disney plans on pulling off something like that but more like.. Perhaps, rewrite the Marvel stories to suit a general audience, particularly those in elementary school.