View Single Post
Old 2010-01-09, 09:32   Link #254
raeryne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
Sheryl had some aspects of DYRL-Minmay, and some of Misa, mainly her strong will, and the fact she look like a mature woman. She's a mix of the two archetype.
Like Klan-Klan, who's a mix of Millia and Claudia.

Ranka has the aspects of the SDFM-Minmay.

Also, Sheryl, like Misa, thought her love for Alto was a impossible love ( for Misa, it was the ghost of Minmay in Hikaru's heart; for Sheryl, it was her disease), the two were ready to give up their love hapiness if it could her beloved happy, that's why, for me, Sheryl is the Misa of Macross Frontier.
Haha,I agree about what you said...Sheryl and Misa...They're 'martyrs,' aren't they?...On second thought, maybe they are just mature enough to handle these things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
I wouldn't take those seriously, after all, if we can easily predict who will end up with Alto then the shipping debates won't be half as fun, no?

The scenes you stated there are mostly just homages/tributes to the original Macross. Personality-wise, I don't think Sheryl, Ranka, Minmay and Misa are alike at all. Sure, Sheryl may be older than the hero, like Misa; and Ranka is immature like Minmay -- but honestly I prefer to think of them as their own person.
Yeah, I'm getting quite obssessed, aren't I?They're fictional characters, for goodness sake! Yeah, they are a lot different....anyway, I don't mind Sheryl not ending up with Alto,but Sheryl wants him, so what can I do?

Thanks for your replies...