Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 19:21   Link #1215
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Let's not attack another poster for his opinion. Besides, Taichi has been a coward for quite a while. Only his last line this episode made it seem like he will actually improve from that.
Wait, what? That post of mine is a personal attack now? And him thinking that a kid's prank should cost a man his love years later is an opinion on the show?

Oh well, just to set things straight. I wasn't making any ad hominem pass whatsoever. It was the first thing that came to mind, a kind of a spur of the moment. But really, if you really think something as simple as "your sense of justice is warped if you think that children should be held responsible for simple pranks even years later." is a personal attack then I apologize to have offended everyone involved.

Taichi being a coward or not has nothing to do with someone hoping that he doesn't get a girl (who is so bland that I don't even support the ship in the first place) for something he did as a kid. But in any case, I disagree that only that manly line made it seem like he will improve - he has been improving all this while. Even admitting to hiding Arata's glasses before him and apologizing for it was already something that requires big guts. He has been growing steadily ever since. And other characters are quick to notice. Dr. Harada had another moment where he lauded Taichi's growth several episodes back, for instance.