View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 21:46   Link #8
Deathscyther

10/10. Wow, this was probably the best episode of the series! The animation was really good most of the episode and I loved the character interactions. The music played was very fitting most of the time as well. I especially liked the music that was played when the tomogara were leaving the world. It gave an epic feel to the moment.

I have watched the raw version of the episode, but I think that I understood most of it. Shaher was summoned at the same time as when SnH was initiating the creation of Xanadu. Talk about timing. And the God leaves just as quick as she was summoned. That is who she is, the God of Guidance. Her job is to perform an oracle in order to guide the people and nothing else. It looks like nobody can deny her words, since she's speaking through some kind of telepathy. And the oracle is about Pheles and Johan of all people. Looks like nobody expected this.

So the Engage Link sacrificed their own existences to 'create' a new one? I guess that this is Johan's way for life to overcome death. He knew that he was dying and that there was no way for him to live on. Since he and Pheles didn't want to be separated, they came up with this desperate plan. Now they'll always be together in a way. I guess this shows their love for each other. This feat was never accomplished before, since Azis (who was actually shown this episode) failed to do so in the past, and nobody expected that something like this was possible, so Shaher decided to appear to tell the world about this event. The only person who seems to be happy after the oracle is SnH. Since he is the God of Creation, I guess that he must approve of this 'creation' of a new existence.

The creation of Xanadu is beautifully animated. I didn't completely understand how the part with the Reiji Maigo worked. It looks like Yuji/SnH used the Reiji Maigo to increase the PoE that was being formed from the distortions, that were created from the anti-seal, to open the hole between this world and the rift. Beol Peol is surprised after the road is created though. Nothing has changed after Shana and co modified the Taimei Shihen. When she asks why SnH didn't try to change it with his powers, he said that it would make everyone sad. I think that he meant Yuji when he said this. I guess that this is the reason why SnH didn't try to get rid of the new rule after the back-up system failed. Yuji wants a world where humans and tomogara can coexist after all.

Since SnH has now fulfilled all his goals, he has no reason to stay inside Yuji anymore and leaves him. Bel Peol seems to seal the God using her Tartaros. SnH seems sad that he has to leave Yuji though. I guess they've really grown close during this time. After Bel Peol remarks that Yuji should be happy that the tomogara will be leaving this world, Yuji replies that this is just the start. He wants to make Xanadu a world where humans and tomogara can coexist after all. Even though he's just a mystes now, he's going to continue what he started. Bel Peol in turn gives him a piece of her Tartaros and Sydonay even decides to go with him. Looks like Yuji managed to earn the respect of SnH and the Trinity.

Khamsin's final moment was very emotional. He gave his all to protect Kazumi. So it was befitting that she was the last person he saw before dying. The last scene between them was very strong. It nearly made me cry manly tears.

---

I wonder what will happen in the final episode. Seeing that Yuji didn't go to Xanadu yet, I guess that he indeed does have something left to do in this world. We'll probably be seeing Spiral Organ as well, since we haven't seen him at all this episode. I still think that Yuji made a some kind of deal with him.

Looking at the preview, we'll be getting Yuji/Sydonay vs Shana/Margery battle. If the tears in Shana's eyes are an indication, it'll be a emotional battle. Shana should have the advantage against Yuji though, since Yuji has lost nearly all his powers. He only has his basic control over PoE, his blutsauger and his new spell at the moment.

Will the ending be sweet or bittersweet? Will Yuji and Shana find a way to be together? I can't wait for the final episode!

---
P.S. The picture of Mathilde is beautiful

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-19 at 17:46.