View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 01:03   Link #291
Nobodyman9
Banned

All right, compromise time. As far as Edo Tensei is concerned, I still think it's stupid. I think the way Kishi is using it now is a cheap cop-out so he can recycle a bunch of old characters rather than create new ones. As for how it works, I don't know. So apparently, from what we can gather, you just have to sacrifice a human life and perform a ritual to somehow bring a dead person's soul into an artificial body. One thing that still bugs me about it though:

Where does the energy for this technique come from? Some have speculated that you use the chakra of the human sacrifice. If so, would that really be enough? Could the cumulative chakra from any fodder ninja really be enough to activate the ritual? If not do you make up the difference with your own chakra? Does it require chakra to keep the souls attached for long periods of time?

But at any rate, the actual workings of the techniques don't bother me too much. After all, Orochimaru used it before and it didn't really bug me then (though he didn't use it in abundance and it was sort of a trump technique). It bugs me moreso from a story standpoint in that I think it was very out of left field and unnecessary, at least in the abundance that it was used. And yeah, it is still kinda hax.

That being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why are you so worried about an event that took place 150 chapters ago ? Especially considering nothing going on currently is comparable to what you described.
Are you fucking kidding me? You're saying I shouldn't worry about something just because it happened 150 chapters ago? (which, BTW, isn't really that long ago, relatively speaking). The end of Sasuke vs. Deidara is one of the worse asspull victories in the history of Shonen manga. It doesn't matter if it was one chapter, 150 chapters or 300 chapters ago, it's still another crap stain on this absolutely detestable manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
In this story? Yes they are.
Or are you actually saying Naruto's characters have ever acted and fought like regular ninja? And if not then why are you acting all surprised about it 515 chapters later?
I have acknowledged that the characters of Naruto have been very un-ninja-like in nature for quite some time. What baffles me is your willing acceptance of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Actually, everyone has a dormant version of Haki. Whether they can awaken it or not is the issue.
If you don't want to put a name on it, we can call it One Piece's power levels. And to me it was absurd that Crocodile would leave Luffy to die twice only for him to return for his rematch, or that Zoro somehow survived all of the damage/stress/tiredness that Luffy had taken on Moria's ship, on top of his own.
In any case, haki is still not an energy source like chakra or ki that people need to be able to fight and make energy beams.

Quote:
Well, no it wasn't foolish. But it's the way you said it, like you were the master of the universe and us puny peons were wrong all along.
Also, "got one panel of screen time" seems normal. He's a new character, he -just- got introduced amidst a bunch of other people.
The "one panel of screentime" guy I was referring to was Motoi's dad. The zombie guy's hair looks similar to Motoi's so I just made that assumption. Couldn't really remember what Motoi's dad looked like after 15 chapters and seeing one panel of him. But I'm dropping this subject now.

Quote:
For a shounen series, Naruto has been very fair with its power levels. Jiraiya vs Pain, even with sage jutsu, Jiraiya eventually ran out of gas. No, the series has been fair, you just choose not to see it.
Tell that to the entire population of Konoha who ultimately couldn't permanently defeat a single Pain, whereas Naruto pwnd them all in a matter of minutes. So yeah, Naruto is officially stronger than the rest of the village combined.

Quote:
He hasn't contradicted anything because he hasn't given any details on the technique yet. You're just bigoted.
LOL
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote