View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 11:09   Link #26
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
This show should be in the horror category, if it already isn't Very good episode, especially the cliffhanger.
I was thinking while watching this is some of the best horror I've seen from anime in awhile. Too much horror is way too over the top which makes it comical. This was just right. I know when I am pausing the episode every few minutes because my nerves are on end the series has done something right.

I can't believe I have to wait another week for the next episode!

Some thoughts I do agree not saying what was killing them doesn't really work in visuals the way it works in text. I would have revealed what was killing them sooner, but that's a small nitpick in this otherwise excellent episode.

Also loved the simplicity of this scene

Spoiler for Episode image:

On another note I know the series has said that they are in love with the deceased Maria & the deceased Shun, but chemistry wise Saki & Satoru have always been my favorite pair in this series (well ever since they were kids alone in queer rat territory). It doesn't have to be "in love" but the deep friendship & bond they share is just beautiful to me. If you think about it pretty much every major crises Saki & Satoru have been together: Alone with the queer rats, they both lost Shun, they searched & lose Maria & Mamoru and now they are together against the fiend.

I just really hope they won't be separated in the end because I think that would break my heart. I was sad when they lost Shun, Maria, and Mamoru but I realize I wasn't as connected to those relationships as I have become connected to the Satoru/Saki one and I want to believe that the two hand connecting at the end of Wareta Ringo are their hands.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-09 at 14:02.