View Single Post
Old 2011-12-25, 18:04   Link #22
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Darth Maul - In my opinion, he wasn't explored enough and was killed off far too early.
This. Sure, Palpatine treated him as nothing more than a tool with which to do his dirty work and never really taught him how far one could go with the Dark Side. Palps trained him very similarly to the way Vader trained Starkiller, essentially. Once Starkiller was given independence, however, he proved to be a major threat and started taking down Star Destroyers in his spare time.

I doubt Maul would've been able to do anything like that, but the point is that if Maul were trained to be more than just a tool, he'd have been much better, and could've easily played a pivotal role in the Clone Wars. For instance, rather than having Dooku be a Sith, he'd have been a Jedi who defected to Palps' side and been under Maul's command, considering Maul is part of the Sith order where Dooku wouldn't have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Adam Sandler - Once a hero, now turned to a so-so villain because he keeps starring in his own movies.
This. I lol'ed so hard at this

I think another example of a truly great villian is Shinobu Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho. I deem him one of the most interesting villains if not THE most interesting in any anime I've seen. His backstory is most of what makes him interesting. An incredibly talented child with unmatched skill who fought for most of his life defending humans from demons, believing demons were the monsters and criminals becomes twisted beyond repair when he sees how cruel and monstruous humans can be. The fact he has 7 different personalities to deal with different kinds of situations or aspects of Sensui's life is another thing that puts him so high in my book of best villains fiction has ever known. Shinobu pretty much made the second half of the show awesome.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote