View Single Post
Old 2013-05-16, 15:57   Link #32322
Dormin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I'm not actually sure what, if anything, he's trying to say about gender. Could it just be what happened to be on his mind at the time and not an intentional theme? Was he trying to make a point that he just never quite fully developed, either out of lack of ability or fear that it might alienate some readers? It wouldn't entirely surprise me if it's something to do with the author personally, but how could I know that?
Now for a change I completely agree with renall. And I always though the interview where he said that "women probably understand the story better" or so, I thought that he didn't actually mean so very clear message. It could be that he just thought as the mind of yasu and his/her conflicts are very much about love and resulting confusion (or at least if we want to believe in that kind of yasu), he could have simply thought that generally females are considered the more romantic sex thus could have better understanding of the story.

When I described umineko to one of my friends, I told that it could be improved very much by hiring someone that can actually draw (and maybe let ryu do the character design, as some of the dresses are simply gorgeous) and hire someone that could actually write (most of the time the tempo and pacing of ryu's writing is terrible, even though I personally like the bit boring slice-of-life-stylish writing that many of the events have, I can easily see why that is considered terribly bad writing). So in other words, in order to next when they cry to achieve perfection, ryu should be doing much more work as a background supervisor or something.

Quote:
If you mean at the shop of captain Kawabata, I remember they show it in the anime, and it's a stuffed toy of the same kind of Sakutaro (if not Sakutaro itself, who knows)
Thank you kindly to everyone who shared this with me. I don't think it was ever shown in the original VN and I was always very confused.

Quote:
Of course given the pace of things it's going to be a hell of a long time before the manga gets that far, I'd assume.
I know it's a plot in my general seacats-knowledge, but I never actually got around reading the manga. I personally don't like the drawings. I think the drawer is different for every chapter or so because I have seen some very stunning screencaps of trollfaces in the latter episodes, but the first drawer is just too generic and maybe simple for me to appreciate his drawings.

Is the manga any good? Closer to VN or anime?
Dormin is offline   Reply With Quote