View Single Post
Old 2013-05-16, 19:15   Link #32325
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
I know it's a plot in my general seacats-knowledge, but I never actually got around reading the manga. I personally don't like the drawings. I think the drawer is different for every chapter or so because I have seen some very stunning screencaps of trollfaces in the latter episodes, but the first drawer is just too generic and maybe simple for me to appreciate his drawings.

Is the manga any good? Closer to VN or anime?
Let's say some episodes of the manga are good while others are not so good.
The Chiru ones are definitely good so far and even give extra hints. So far Ep 8, plot wise, is definitely better in the manga version than in the VN version as far as I'm involved. The plot had been changed slightly and it works much better this way. I've also liked quite a bit Ep 5 for how he represented certain things and some extra bits. Ep 7 is still ongoing but so far seems good (even if it's more or less as the VN plot wise). Ep 6 is pretty and close to the VN.

Ep 3 & 4 are closer to the visual novel plot wise compared to the anime and with extra hints. I'm not particularly fond of Ep 3 drawing and in Ep 4 Ange has a bigger brother complex than in the VN. Ep 1 is the less good as far as I'm involved both in plot and draws. If you ask me it's the only manga chapter which is clearly less good than the anime.
On Ep 2 there are contrasting opinions.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote