View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 00:31   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, my favorite series is Simoun. I suspect you will feel like dropping it after the OP, which includes an apparent yuri kiss, but try to forge on. Great science fiction, in my opinion, and the best show I have watched about the nature of war and peace. It just happens that in the show's world, everyone is female until they reach the age of 17 and choose a gender. You can see gender-like differences among the several female priestess/pilots who make up the excellent ensemble cast of real actresses (Takahashi Rieko, Koshimizu Ami, Noto Mamiko, Nazuka Kaori, Yukana, Kuwashima Houko, Tamagawa Sakiko, et al.). And the character design, both original and animation, is by Nishida Asako, who is the animation character designer of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. She was also the overall animation director.

I'd also suggest the Ghibli (but not Miyazaki) film Whisper of the Heart. A real romance, dealing with the intersection between romantic feelings and future career.

I'm also a big fan of Natsu no Sora (to abbreviate the title), Saraiya Goyou (which you like, too), Kara no Kyoukai, Planetes, Haibane Renmei, Crest of Stars, and NANA, all of which other people have mentioned.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-05-06 at 02:35.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote