Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 22:32   Link #1557
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't credit the actual execution of the changes to Kyoda, don't misunderstand, I credit the decision to go this way to him. Kyoda is the director and the main reason why the series even exists, so it is certainly his intention to go for something different, and hence he picked different writing staff for this purpose. If he wanted the same thing, he would probably have gone with Dai Sato again. I totally agree that the style of the story and the way things develop are 100% Aikawa's style. But that's the direction that Kyoda wanted for this series, so when comparing the two shows, it makes sense to look at it from the perspective of the person who is in charge of both series and made the major calls.

Edit: Speaking of Aikawa, I think it's going to be really interesting in the next month or so. From ep11 onwards, Aikawa is going to be writing every single episode through to ep16 at least. Almost all are solo scripts, with the exception of ep15 which is written by both him and Shinichi Inotsume.
Honestly, I want to hear what Dai Sato has to say about this series. He seemed to care a lot less about fanservice, 1/30 male to female ratio casts, and more about the story. Of course what the "story" was changed with the arcs, but honestly, it didn't feel as disjointed as AO has just up until this point. We learned more about the universe as Renton did.

I get the feeling that I'll look back on all this after I'm done and realize that its actually pretty good in retrospective (minus naked Elena every other episode). I just wish at the same time that they had gotten Dai Sato back. It would have probably taken the series in an entirely different direction. And if anyone can find an interview or something with him about how this series has turned out, please PM as soon as you find out.

On topic of the episode, when I saw the Gekko's vents in the Scub Coral, I screamed like a little frickin' girl. I actually woke my whole family up. And previous paragraph's aside, I was honestly willing to forgive almost anything they've done so far or in the future just because I was able to see Nirvash spec2 in gloriously brilliant HD (have you SEEN how old the original E7 looks now in 480p? It was amazing at the time but now...). But now that super fanboy-ness (E7 is my absolute favorite series) is starting to wear down...I wonder what they can do to make this second half great.

A little off topic, have you guys heard this week's opening? Dat FLOW. I know it airs only tomorrow, but I wonder what kind of images they're going to show to match the feeling of the song. Of course we can expect the guitar part to be remniscent of Days, but...Also, does anyone think they'll do more kits/metallic action figures of the original typeZERO as well as the RA272? Does anyone think they'll do another upgrade on the typeZERO now that its here? Like a spec3 in terms of literally specs, without the entirely organic body. That would be GREAT. I'd buy those model kits/action figures in a SECOND.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote