View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 20:44   Link #738
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
GDB: You act like hunting is a sport for cowards. When in fact these same people are probably the best conservationists on the planet! They see to there hunting lands, make sure predators are destroyed, insure proper iragation is kept, and even grow food for the game! Also they make sure with the annual hunt that the species is not overpopulated! Something far more tragic than killing the animal for food. And the state usually keeps a quota of the yearly kill ratio, and what's still living as well.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone who hunts is like that. None are hicks who just go hunting so they can drink while shooting stuff. Nope, they're all noble souls who care for the poor animals. Seriously, exaggeration much?

And I never said hunting is a sport for cowards, just that most of the people who do hunt wouldn't dare do it if they didn't overpower their game by exponential means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I agree, but it does seem a bit odd that your average mall has security guards, but schools typically do not.
Not really. Malls have stuff that people would, and often try to, steal. That's not true of schools. Don't believe for a second that mall cops are there to protect you. They're there to protect the stores and the merchandise.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote