View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 12:33   Link #1365
CJ_Walker

Wait, so the second season is gonna be in 2016?!?! where did you hear all of that from?? From the way the manga is going now, by the time ep 26 hits, he could be VER close to finishing the show, he'd just need the show to not run for the second 2-cour part, and just run the rest of the anime after that for 26 more eps...

I don't mind the pacing issues blah blah blah, I just get annoyed at the fact that studios cream their pants too soon by jumping the gun and adapting a series in which the source material is no where near complete i.e. zetman, Naruto deadman wonderland, chrome shelled regios, d.gray man, bleach, soul eater . . .I can go on for days listing shows like that.

If this is gonna be another one like that, then I'll just marathon it when it's done.

Also, it seems in the Manga/anime world, a lot of creators develop "George R.R. Martin syndrome"

in which they keep the story going on ...and on. . .and on...and on.. instead of just GETTING TO THE POINT and ending it in a timely manner. . .not stretching it on until death do us part... the only thing I can KIND of excuse (but not really) is one piece, mostly because Oda's already foreshadowed pretty much what he's got planned for the whole story. He has the story outline pretty much done, and has basically told the readers what he plans to do, just the execution is taking so damn long.

but most of those that I mentioned? all of those had the author pretty much writing themselves into a corner, meander with the story for way too long, and find themselves at a loss of how to end their story. . .

This is pretty much my main gripe with anime/manga at this point. Stories have a beginning middle and end. . . not a beginning, and middle that goes on for years and years and years to either have some abrupt b.s. end (Negima, although that wasn't really all Ken's fault) or just. . .never end.

I think if authors really buckled down and got serious about making a cohesive story and got the the point, then it would be a lot better for everyone involved, Animes could be made that had satisfying stories at a decent length, mangakas would be able to make more money since their story is going to have its popularity boosted by going to anime and not having to worry about catching up to unfinished material, which would increase the amount of great titles to choose from, which would in turn, encourage more people to buy those titles...and on and on.

but there's a lot of short sightedness in Japan (in a variety of entertainment industries. . .speaking from experience) in which everyone sacrifices long term growth, for short term gains (happens in the states too but Japan its really surprising how much MORE it happens there.)
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote