Thread: Licensed CLANNAD the Movie
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-22, 17:18   Link #9
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
And they go and make it a film rather than a series. GG guys. And while I've got nothing personal against Toei... after their version of Kanon, I'm not really holding out that much hope for this film. Though to be fair it's not like Toei are the same as they were in 2002, so they may yet surprise
Like I mentioned elsewhere when Toei announced the CLANNAD movie adaptation last year, there's a pattern to this thing. Toei has already worked on Kanon (TV anime) and AIR (movie), with Kyoto Animation coming into the scene later each time with something that completely shadows Toei's version of the adaptations. With a Toei CLANNAD movie due out this year, it would almost be natural to expect a Kyoani CLANNAD TV animation to follow after that. With Kyoani's current busy schedule though, nobody knows when it'll come. But I think all Key fans will agree by now that we expect no less than Kyoani when it comes to a CLANNAD anime adaptation.

Still, that doesn't mean the CLANNAD movie will be a flop. That would be giving Toei too little credit. I'm still very much looking forward to the movie, although I fear it would be nothing but a barebone version of Nagisa's story, simply because of CLANNAD's sheer size and length. CLANNAD is longer than both Kanon and AIR combined for a reason, after all.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote