Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-09, 05:29   Link #293
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
That's exactly what I'm scared shitless of.
If you are actually bearing such scar, I'm not exactly sure if you have the means to try to "win her" (romantic flags much?) as it wouldn't exactly work if she really playing with you.

It is really depending on "luck" (well... as you completely ignore her feelings/motive), you can indeed attract her if she was just playing "innocently", but it would be quite impossible if she was just having fun "maliciously" from the start.

It really depends of you now, but since you want to have a serious relationship and you are that affected by this "unknown factor", I believe you should gamble everything on frankness, so the direct confrontation. Much like ledgem said, try to think positive though, as you basically have the mindset to actually shape the relationship and so forth.

Think that in the current status, you won't exactly lose anything:
1) If she is actually falling for you, it is a complete win situation
2) If she was just playing, but enjoy it as well, you might actually build something.
3) If she was just having fun on her own, planning to ditch you out sooner or later, it would release you from a onimous painful galore, but it would definitely switch the "pretending date" into a play for you as well.

The third point can still hurt, but I believe that the long term is a "better" investisement for you, considering your posts recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that affection, even if it's just play, is enough. Seriously, real relationships can be so icky at times IMO.
That's true. However, relationships can be taken granted, depending of your own enjoyement.
As i can see, vestus is more fond of serious/real relationship.

As a matter of personal opinion, I can't exactly enjoy a relationship with only "affection", because I can't actually enjoy a relationship on a "superifical layer".
Don't get me wrong, i don't use it in a pejorative way: I aknowledge it has its own advantages and cons. But it isn't exactly a matter of "gain" and "loss", but rather a personal preference: I would prefer to be friend with someone acting like this, until both Me and this person actually want to go farther than simply "having fun around".

The reason behind this is that I would actually feel insecure and wondering what is the "point" of this, as if everything was a play, it would define it as a lie. And frankly, such things aren't exactly "positive" for some person (me included).