View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 18:20   Link #1635
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I don't wanna have a long post so I will just focus on your three points

1. I think what you say is false...and I guess I did explain it in my previous post..he "tried" to do it but he instantly changed his mind when he faced a controlled Ranka..he kept asking why? but he never was able to "kill" Ranka...In my opinion, he can't pull the trigger with or without Sheryl's advice. If he can pull the trigger so easily, then what he said "Both of you are my wings" will be laughable

2. Hold on, how can I debunk my argument when I always support polygamy in MF (check my old posts) ?? I care a lot more about Ranka X Alto...if Alto also loves Sheryl then good we have a polygamy and that's fine with me..so Alto loves both Sheryl and Ranka equally would not disprove my own views..but of course I care mainly how Alto feels about Ranka and I find that in this series, they have mutual romantic feeling

3. I never try to ignore anyone, I concentrate on talking about someone, and this topic is about Ranka...I will mention about other character when I feel it's appropriate...if you read my previous post, or the post that you quoted me, you will find that I also mention Sheryl in my post...if you feel I have to mention Sheryl in every sentence while talking about Ranka, then sorry I am not used to do this...while at it, you may as well also mention Luca, Micheal, Klan, pilot A, pilot B, Vajra #1, etc...coz they are all in the battle scenes and it seems like you don't wanna ignore them either XD

forget it, we will never convince each other, so I will let it go
1. Problem is that Alto himself said that he would kill her, if she was working against Frontier. It is a fact that Alto himself said. No one is messing with that. It is also a fact that Sheryl asked him in the next episode to help Ranka. It was Sheryl who asked him not to. Him saying later on "You are both my wings", does not erase the fact that he declared that he would kill Ranka, it doesn't absolve that fact.

2. Wasn't it you who said that the only reason why Alto took care of Sheryl was because she was sick and not because he cared about her? By admitting that you think Alto meant "You are both my wings" romantically you basically admit that Alto took care of Sheryl not because he felt sorry for her, but because he loved her.

3. No need to get upset now. The reason why I pointed that out but you did ignore it, even if you didn't mean to. If other characters are key players in orchestrating the scene then you shouldn't just ignore them all for the sake of your argument. The problem with you're arguments that make them so easy to debunk, is the fact that you only focus on Ranka, instead of the scene itself. Before you use a scene as a point you should just look at the full context of the scene, don't just focus on one character. You should also never mix up a opinion with fact, which is what you're doing. For instance you did say

Quote:
The longer answer is that on the contrary, I find that Ranka and Alto are always helping each other. Alto saves Ranka in ep 1..Ranka indirectly saves Alto in ep 7...Ranka saves Alto in ep 12...and since than Ranka has been the trump card from ep 14?? to ep 21...Alto and other air forces have to depend on her help! And in ep 25, Alto saves Ranka and Ranka immediately helps back by singing and use "action" to encourage Sheryl to sing and help the Frontier XD
and then
Quote:
I actually enjoy relationship that is helping each other, and I find that element in RankaxAlto relationship...Ranka has been frequently helping Alto and MF in battlefield and yet Sheryl only helps Alto in battlefield in ep 24?? (I am not a Sheryl fan so sorry if I remember something wrong about her) and well I guess I can also count that incident where Sheryl pilots Micheal's plane in an insane manner XD
The facts that you neglected were that Sheryl was singing with Ranka in episode 7. In fact said scene happened because Sheryl gave Alto one of her earrings. Not only that but it was Sheryl's voice who reached him as first as he was about to lose consciousness. Also in episode one Alto barely even knew who Ranka was so bad analogy right there. In episode 21 Frontier was overrun by the Vajra, and Ranka's previous attempts to calm them only made it worse, not only that but Alto was more focused on killing the Vajra who had just killed his best friend, not on Ranka. Another fact is that Ranka was just doing the job, that she should have done properly before. Also again in episode 25 Ranka's life was saved because Sheryl essentially begged him to, and even gave him her plot device earring(which he still didn't return to her). Sheryl was also singing before Ranka even woke up from the mind control, so another bad analogy. The only point I can give you a break on episode 12, and even that can be argued.

Your second argument was also weak as it ignored all the other, as you did basically ignore episodes 7, 24, and 25. The point you made about Sheryl not being able to fly a Valkyrie was also weak because you ignored the fact that Sheryl was a beginner so she was of course not expected to do well on her first try. It is also a point that could easily been used against as I showed in my response. That's what I meant when I said that you were construing the facts to suit yourself.