Thread: Licensed Sankarea (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 05:56   Link #286
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Pay attention to what he actually says rather than making assumptions based on stereotypes.
Is there a lack of reading comprehension somewhere? He's molding her into the person he wants her to be. He is not considering what she wants, at all. He is imposing his own beliefs on her, because she's not allowed to express her own beliefs at all! It's his form of "love", it's twisted and warped but that's what it is. We are all molded by our parents in some way. Rea would be a completely different person had she been raised in another family. Rea's father cannot bridge the gap between his ideal daughter, the one he wants her to be, and the person she actually is. He uses his authority as the parental figure and his connections as a rich person to make her do what he wants and he's been quite effective at it.

This isn't assuming based on stereotypes. I've seen parents like him before, personally (not the picture stuff, but definitely the controlling part). It's a cultural problem in many nations too, hell in America they have television reality shows about controlling parents like Dance Moms and Toddlers in Tiaras.

I have not, at any point, defended what he is doing, and I absolutely agree that it is wrong on many many levels.