View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 09:14   Link #140
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I was always a bit surprised that Gilgamesh is so strong in this particular rendition. He's really only strong because of Gates of Babylon so I'm sure there are other ways to trick him or defeat him. It's like he is only as strong as his ego let's him to be, and he's quite pathetic in that aspect. I guess we can say that he didn't win the 4th war because Tokiomi wasn't a competent enough master to control him? (I didn't read the novels yet so I don't know why he lost)
he didn't really lose, and the reason why he didn't win is because he didn't care about winning, plain and simple

and yes, gilgamesh is only as strong as his ego let's him be, because otherwise he'd be a story breaker and nobody in fate would stand a chance against him

Quote:
Is Arcueid stronger than Gilgamesh? She's suppose to be one of the strongest beings in Nasuverse right?
Arcueid has horrible compatibility against Gilgamesh, and while she's more powerful, in a 1vs1 fight, she'd most likely lose

Quote:
There's something that I wondered about. Servants basically get their powers and abilities enhanced by the holy grail, and their stats are also rearranged by their class type. So in reality without being a Servant, and at his original form, Gil's powers would probably be lessened?
No. The grail doesn't boost anything, and servants generally have less prana than they did in life and thus lower stats. Although some get special NPs they may not have had in life, so it really depends on the servant. Saber for example, is specifically much weaker than she was in life, while Saber Alter is more powerful than she was in life because of the difference in prana

Gilgamesh is likely the kind who was more powerful in life than as a servant(like probably ever other servant in the 4th and 5th war except for EMIYA)

and anyways, it doesn't matter since he's the kind who relies on his story-breakingly-powerful NP rather than stats...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote