Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 00:01   Link #2044
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well well well, here we sit at the start of the 3rd arc.

In one sentence: OMG CHIBI INABAN <3

On a more serious note, this just threw a nice random factor in. There's more than one "Fuusenkasura" (sp?). This new "enemy" might be more... lenient, or takes a different approach in his work. The first wouldn't really care much about the mental trauma caused to the 5, and we know that he only intended on having those 5 kids involved.

This new entity apparently wants Taichi to oversee everything, in secret. And based on the start of the episode, I believe that we may start seeing the other characters (Yuri loving class president anyone?) involved.

Also, on that note of the intro, Anyone notice the lack of OP? Maybe a new one is in order? (PLEASE PLEASE, NO MORE RAINBOWS). ED was really good, even if it gave off an air of K-On. Not really against it, but KnK still 1st in my list.

On the actual plot, this might actually be more than "fixing" one particular character. Aoki might get some nice screen time for a change, Yui might as well, but Iori is going to get her "wish" granted.

I always thought something was fishy about Aoki, he just crushed on Yui because he replaced this old crush of him with Yui. Yui of course is going to be crushed when she finds out about this, and with this old karate rival re-appearing...

Inaban. Now, I always had a theory of something happening to her when she was young, something involving her brother. There's a reason why her brother was shown a couple of times before, and... her clinging to Taichi so much when she was so small (<3) just makes me think a lot.

Iori. Of course she wasn't fixed last arc, at all. Nor was Inaban on that note. Iori still doesn't know who she is, nor do we know who she is. It's all hanging on Taichi at the moment, as Iori asked him to take note of her younger self. There lies the key. HOWEVER, Iori is sadly mistaken. She says that she regrets some choices she made in her life, and she'd rather have done something else. I disagree. My personal belief is that every choice you made, has made you what you are now. If you even change a small thing in the past, you wouldn't be who you are now.

No matter how much it hurts, no matter whatever you did, you have to live on with it. IF you change something, it'll be an insult to everyone around you, and yourself, as you'll be erasing who you are.

But that's just my personal thoughts on the matter. Iori is mistaken if she thinks that changing something from her past would have made her a better person. She is that person she is now because of her actions up to this point. If she had done something else, she wouldn't be the Iori we know. Even if she has a facade on, she's still Iori.

Also, it's interesting that the "age" of the transformation isn't fixed. And that the time is actually predictable.

So yeah, once again, this gets interesting.

Arty

EDIT: Also, Iori in that ED looks... beautiful. Damn it, still split between Inaban and Iori

EDIT 2: Inaban is actually smiling earnestly in the ED. Remember how Aoki mentioned that Taichi never smiled way back in ep1? Well, I've never seen Inaban smile. I've seen her smirk confidently, Laugh (last episode) but I've never seen her smile. Granted, it's just an ED, but still...

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2012-09-16 at 00:20.
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote