View Single Post
Old 2007-04-28, 20:07   Link #40
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
There is a raw from a much later broadcast (like 2 weeks later) in 16:9 aspect that may be the best representation of the show with clearer picture in the character art but still soft in the background - an indication that the softness is intentional.
I will check that. I have downloaded the other raws to see if the subbed version is reduced in file size, that does not seem to be the case. So, as you said, the softness seem to be staying there. Then, most probably, after a few episodes, I will get used to it.
Quote:
With regards to how the characters and story develops, it is more seinen with a slower story and character development compared to shounen series which generally move at a faster pace.
I don't know how the story develops later on, I have only downloaded the raw manga, but haven't checked it yet. It looks as a mix of H2, Major, or maybe some other types of manga (which are usually considered as Shounen). Anyway, for this series, it looks to me, it is closer to the shounen border for that seinen magazine.

I was mainly trying to say in that post, is the series could have introduced to non-Japanese audience (that are not bound by those series type = magazine type constraint), as, at least, a combination of those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen View Post
You won't find many 12-to-14-year-old boys picking up Afternoon just to read Ookiku Furikabutte.
I guess, that is the main source of misconception. The teenagers may not buy Afternoon just for that series, but, if it were to be put in Shounen magazine, they might have loved to read it and make the series considered as maybe a really good shounen series. Still, as I said above, I don't know how the story is developed, but considering that the characters are at the first year of their school, it will mostly take place during that period (which is something similar to other popular shounen series).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote